Monday, December 3, 2012

1st the worst, 2nd the best.

This dresser...oh this dresser.  I loved this piece from the moment I saw it.  I knew it's potential.  However, it took me a couple weeks to actually purchase the dresser because there was layers and layers of paint that I would have to strip.  At that point I had no idea that I would in fact find 7 COATS off paint...7!!  Cream, and pink, and stain, and crackle medium and more pink...it was a disaster!  I had to strip it 3 times and then sand it.  NOT FUN!  I found some really sweet surprises though when she was all stripped including amazing gold pegged metal legs...EEK!  She was one-hundred percent worth it in the end.  

I can't find a pic of the before :( but just know that it was bad.  It had about 10 layers of different kinds of nasty paint.  So I transformed it into this:

Round 1 after: Pretty cute right?




After I finished the dresser, a fellow artist decided she loved the piece but wanted it in a charcoal gray.  So I set out AGAIN on stripping the dresser and doing a custom paint job, and it turned out exactly how it should have always been.   

Round 2 after: PERFECTION!



My custom color blocked knobs.  I'm obsessed.






She's gonna look stunning in her new home that looks exactly like a west elm magazine.  By far my favorite piece I've done so far.  This dresser has put me in a Mid-Century Modern mood. I just picked up 4 Mid-Century pieces to redo.  So excited.  

Happy December! And Merry Christmas Time!   

No comments:

Post a Comment